Start a new topic

EMU Crashing when running MIDI Logic Pro

Hi, I’m having an issue. EMU works fine stand alone and I’m able to basically “play” programs via a midi keyboard. The problem is when I try to run automated midi note triggering through Logic Pro X, EMU locks up and crashes. Yes I have the latest version of EMU Also I saw in another thread there’s an AUv2 for the plug in? I only got a VST3 with my download. Please help I really need this to work or might as well throw out the lights I got specifically to work with this set up.

1 person has this problem

CHRIS AND ROBBIE, 

I HAVE UPLOADED A VIDEO TO THE DROPBOX LINK THAT I SENT BEFORE SHOWING EVERYTHING I HAVE GOING ON IN LOGIC AND EMU. CHECK THERE. IT WILL PROBABLY TAKE A LITTLE BIT TO UPLOAD, SO IF YOU DON'T SEE IT, CHECK BACK IN A LITTLE BIT. Sorry for caps locks, I started typing without looking at the screen. 

2 people like this

I've the same problem ....

[00:37:23 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:05.3411118 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

---> System.IO.IOException: No such file or directory

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.IO.Ports.SafeSerialDeviceHandle.Open(String portName)

at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace)

at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open()

at EMU.Output.Serial.Connect(String portname)

[00:37:24 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:06.8111618 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace)

[00:37:24 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:07.1190953 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

[00:37:25 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:07.4266694 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

[00:37:25 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:07.7300066 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

[00:37:25 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:08.0335317 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

[00:37:26 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:08.3436458 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

[00:37:26 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:08.6527093 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

[00:37:26 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:08.9604358 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

[00:37:26 INF] Serial. Cant connect: /dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745. Elapsed: 00:00:09.2704054

[02:37:36 INF] Can't open serial port /dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745 try again later

[02:37:36 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:00.0001791 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 

1 person likes this

Logs attached. 

txt
txt

1 person likes this

Hello Gentlemen,

Blake, indeed you're exactly right, we found from the customer's log that there are more than 600K requests per second to EMU. And those requests are not for faders, but for changing banks/programs. That is way too much. You should guys optimize your shows. And at the same time we've made alpha version with the protection, so that EMU shouldn't stuck anymore. Please try it and reply with the results (if something is bad - log file is required).

1 person likes this

Please try this link: 23.02.10.4 (direct download) or this one 23.02.10.4

1 person likes this
Hey Blake, Could you possibly post here in text/photo form your procedure for set up and settings inside EMU so we can see and possibly mimic what you’ve done and see if it works? I’m not getting crashes of EMU anymore but the MIDI triggers are like whole minutes behind making everything just unusable for me. Any help is greatly appreciated

1 person likes this
Sure thing. Here’s a Dropbox folder of photos of the settings I have. Some of the files may still be uploading. Just to reiterate my last comment though, I did nothing but 1. Delete the test version of emu 2. Went and deleted the plugins from their places in the library (I doubt this had any effect) 3. Install the publicly available main version of emu from the website, and now it works exactly as I had expected it to work. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/af99ql2aomfsz93/AAD3-CLs93M3DMg11JddTKfea?dl=0

1 person likes this

Hi Chris, and Robbie,

In a little bit, I'll take a full video detailing exactly what I'm doing, and all of the settings I've got going on and post it here.

1 person likes this
Thank you Blake, that solved it for us. Andrei, to avoid this in the future maybe there should be a FAQ for Logic users? Not my call, just a suggestion. Also, Blake definitely deserves a medal. LoL

1 person likes this

Guys, finally I figured it out, where we get "Midi output port". Now I am on the same page with you :)

Main thing is to add a new external midi track, but not the one which is given in from the start of the project.

New beta 23.1.24.10 has some improvements for MIDI notes & updated AU & VST plugins. It can help with the issue. Please, provide recorded footage with video & logs with the issue if this beta doesn’t work for you.

I keep seeing that there is an AU available yet every time I download for MAC specifically all I get is the VST. Where and what is the link to get this AU? Cause that’s probably half the problem right there.

All the plugins are in the installer. Put them into correspondent folders (see the attached picture) and you're good to go. 

Updated, installed component and VST as directed. EMU Still crashes when hitting play and MIDI track begins. Now what?

Robbie, could you please make a video with the reproducing steps, so that it would be visible what exactly you do and how it crashes?

Login or Signup to post a comment