Start a new topic

Speed setting with VST

I have the VST triggering lights via automation in Presonus Studio One DAW.  It is working great.  However I had some chase scenes that looked fine when my DAW is not open with the VST.  The master speed fader in EMU would be active and I could mess with it to adjust the chase speed.

The EMU manual says how when using the VST it tries to map to the tempo of the song.  What i'm getting is all my chases slowed way down, and the master speed fader is stuck at 20 when the DAW and VST are open with EMU.

The song I've got loaded has a tempo map that fluctuates slightly around 95-105bpm.

I tried making a song with a flat tempo and it does the same thing, locks it at 20 and all my chase scenes are too slow.

Am I missing something?  Is it a possible bug?

Thank you for any help or advice!

-Brandon

I decided to try a test.  I loaded up Ableton Live 11 and brought in the EmuVST.

The oscillators in the chase scenes I have worked fine!  Also the speed in EMU did in fact change with the tempo if I altered the tempo in Ableton!  So the VST seems to work correctly with that DAW.

Is there a reason anyone can think of why it would work fine in that but not in Studio One from Presonus?  Going to raise the issue there also, but if anyone has any ideas I'd be happy to hear them.

-Brandon

I am also a studio one user and it would be great if just selecting a oscillator and setting the number of bars would follow the tempo of the song and be in beat per the bpm of the studio one song.  It has not worked out so far, a little off.   I will continue to test.

Thompson,

I am now using MIDI instead of the VST.  It works much better in my opinion.  Not only that, but as soon as you unload all instances of the VST, the speed is no longer frozen at 20bpm.

So using MIDI to program in StudioOne, I now have oscillators tracking the BPM of my songs, even when they are using advanced tempo maps I have made either via Melodyne, or just hand tempo mapped.

My only really big problem at this point, is I have a DMX USB PRO MK2 and it has 2 Universe.

I want to put all my movers on one, and all my PARs and other on a different one, and I wish you could tell EMU which Universe a bank or program is to output on.

If that were possible, I could have movers doing one thing, and PARs still changing color or program on their own.

I have tested something like make Red Green and Blue programs to switch between on my PARs, then set all 3 of them with the EXACT same fader levels for my movers.

So if the movers are doing say a pan from left to right and back, like sweeping back and forth.. and you now switch the RGB programs, it will NOT break the movers movement mid stride.  They just keep running as if you are not totally changing the scene.

Hope that makes sense.  The MIDI switch was the best thing I did though, if you need more help with it hit me up!

So you want to set a new scene with only specific fixtures leaving other fixtures doing whatever they happen to be doing.  If I understand.  I have a feature request in for that.  I am not sure thats a super easy thing to program as I don't think Light key for mac and a few other entry level basic light apps allow it out of the box either.  

So midi trigger of bank and program is treating you well?  how do you change the tempo with midi triggering?  ( I use one presonus song with all the different tracks and just use markers and arrangement areas for each song). 

Login or Signup to post a comment