Note that ramp up and ramp downs are affected by this quite noticeably as well. A simple dimmer will flash in the middle before going down to ramp up or pop up to ramp down.
Thank you for reporting this Chris.
I have sent this to the developers to investigate.
There is a delay between when a program switches and an oscillator starts that can cause unwanted results. I'd like to hear from others if this a bug, if I'm doing something wrong, or if there is a work around. Here is an example scenario:
- The color palette I want for a section of a song is blue and white.
- On my fixture, the color settings for the appropriate fader are:
- White 20
- Red 40
- Blue 60
- To flash between blue and white, I would set the fader to 40, then set a square oscillator to an "Amount" of 20. So far, so good.
- The issue is that when I switch to this program, there's a delay before the oscillator starts, so I get a flash of red (where I had to set the fader). Once the oscillator gets going, everything works as expected.
- Even if I do a program change where the oscillator is the same (so a duplicate program with scene changes happening in other fixtures), where I would want this blue/white flashing to just be continuous, I end up with a bunch of red flashes breaking the continuity and the palette of the scene.
- If it even just froze on blue or white for an instant, that would be acceptable, but the red flash is wrecking the whole thing.
Any thoughts or ideas?