Start a new topic

Proper setup for controlling Enttec hardware from midi in DAW

Hello,

I am researching how to properly setup the system I am building. This is an art project where I need to control various lights and robotic actuators where all are driven by playing a midi file with a dozen+ individual midi tracks.

I believe I will need to be using a DAW program like Cubase, Presonus Studio One, or FL Studio. In there I will built my midi tracks mapping a song out.

Then I need to trigger actions in my external real world equipment through some kind of physical IO device. I'm looking at the ENTTEC DMX USB Pro or the ENTTEC DMX USB Pro2. From there I can use DMX compatible lights or relay boards to interact with my electronics.

The area I am fuzzy on is bridging the world between my DAW software and the ENTTEC DMX USB hardware. I'll need each electronic device (think solenoid) tied to a single midi track with a single note on it (Think snare drum).

It appears that I will need to use the EMU software and set up a VST3 Plugin/device in the DAW software?  This is what I'm not clear on and any help is appreciated.

Is what I want to do possible? Am I headed in the right direction or missing some steps?

Thanks!

1 Comment

Hello

Yes that's it.

Launch the EMU stand alone, assign faders to VST parameters, then launch your DAW and put the EMU VST. The params will be linked.

Login or Signup to post a comment