Start a new topic

Run 2 programs at same time with EMU

I am running a mobile theater lighting show. So I have "left stage" light on, and nothing else. Is there any way to turn on "center stage" light keep both lights running at the same time.

I currently have a program made up for every color or fade that I need for all my front stage lights. I am wanting a way to control each light individually from each other. So I could turn each light on or off, or to a different wash color, without affecting the other lights. 

Grouping fixtures should be helpful to you. See the attached video. Am I right, does it fit your needs?

mov
(7.87 MB)

That does help for selecting all of my lights that are together to change color or dimness, but I still can't find a way to be able to have control over each section of lights. 

Example : When I select Left White, the light comes on. Good. The problem is when I select Center White to turn on, Left White goes off. 

The only way I can see doing this is to create a program for every single light cue, and just change what I need. But that is a lot of work, and a lot of programs. 

Thank you for the help on grouping though, that does help me out in another way.  

"Example : When I select Left White, the light comes on. Good. The problem is when I select Center White to turn on, Left White goes off" - sorry, but can't imagine what you're saying. Could you please make a video of it? 

On Video 1 is the example above.

Video 2 is the only way I can think to keep the previous light on, and just add another light to it.

I was looking for a way to run 2 programs at the same time, until I basically turn one program of. 

I hope this helps clear things up.

m4v
mp4
(6.34 MB)

Oh, now I see. In this case you should make a new program with left and central stage lights on. Let me know if it is not clear - I will make a short video. 

Login or Signup to post a comment