Start a new topic

Using MIDI Notes to trigger banks and programs via Logic Pro X

I am attempting to Using MIDI Notes to trigger banks and programs via Logic Pro X.

I have gone through the process of addressing my lights, choosing fixtures, marking programs and banks.

What my issue is that I am seeming to have a hard time getting Logic and Emu to communicate with each other correctly.

Is there something I need to rout for midi notes to trigger my banks and programs? 

In emu midi menu shows that it sees stuff. But lights don’t go with midi I try to send.

In logic I have two channels set to send midi. 

Channel 15, external instrument with settings Logic Pro virtual out midi channel 15 

Channel 16, external instrument with settings Logic Pro virtual out midi channel 16

Both have EMU AU turned on below, 

Native emu app is in the background also.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks.

jpeg
(704 KB)
jpeg
(1.44 MB)
jpeg
(1.42 MB)
jpeg
(1.46 MB)
jpeg
(1.41 MB)
jpeg
(1.59 MB)
jpeg
(1.46 MB)
jpeg
jpeg
(1.53 MB)
jpeg
(1.37 MB)
1 Comment

From what I am seeing, you're using and MIDI and AU plugin. But I believe it is totally different ways to communicate EMU and Logic. Use only MIDI. You need set external midi track and add notes in it (there you'll find a piano pad). When you add a MIDI track then put correspondent MIDI driver and channel to it - it should correlate with MIDI driver chosen in EMU (midi tab). And basically that's it.

Login or Signup to post a comment