Start a new topic

BPM sync issues

I am having an issue with the BPM wheel not automatically syncing to the correct tempo I originally set it to. When I jumble the wheel and set it back to the correct BPM, it locks back in, but this poses a major problem for automating a light show.

Is anyone else having this issue?

CONTEXT: Each song I am building the show for has its own bank in EMU. Also I am using MIDI notes to program in Ableton Live 11.

I have looked into this and using our latest beta (version 22.5.25.18) the sync between the VST plugin the MIDI clock functionality is correct. 

If you are referring to the Speed Master within EMU, this is a global Speed Function and is not set per Bank/Program. If you wish to change the Speed Master per Bank/Program, please use either the VST plugin or the MIDI clock. 

1 person likes this

Hey Andrew, using Ableton Live 11 in conjunction with EMU.

Hi Sam Parsons. The Speed master is not working correctly between scenes (banks?) see my post on this from a few days back. Changing banks does not apply any changes to the speed when you change banks. you have to adjust the speed for the oscillators to pick up a speed change after switching banks. I means you have to step through each bank and adjust the speed on every bank before the show, or adjust each one on the fly

Hi Christopher! Can you please let us know what DAW you are using? 

Login or Signup to post a comment