Start a new topic

EMU Crashing when running MIDI Logic Pro

Hi, I’m having an issue. EMU works fine stand alone and I’m able to basically “play” programs via a midi keyboard. The problem is when I try to run automated midi note triggering through Logic Pro X, EMU locks up and crashes. Yes I have the latest version of EMU Also I saw in another thread there’s an AUv2 for the plug in? I only got a VST3 with my download. Please help I really need this to work or might as well throw out the lights I got specifically to work with this set up.

1 person has this problem

Hello, could you please share your log file? Go to the gear button in the most up right corner, settings, there you will see "open logs folder..." button. 

I am experiencing the same error when I attempt to send any midi through logic pro x. Has there been any news regarding this issue?

Hey Christopher may be you can share your log file please? Thanks in advance. 

I've the same problem ....

[00:37:23 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:05.3411118 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

---> System.IO.IOException: No such file or directory

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.IO.Ports.SafeSerialDeviceHandle.Open(String portName)

at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace)

at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open()

at EMU.Output.Serial.Connect(String portname)

[00:37:24 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:06.8111618 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace)

[00:37:24 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:07.1190953 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

[00:37:25 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:07.4266694 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

[00:37:25 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:07.7300066 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

[00:37:25 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:08.0335317 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

[00:37:26 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:08.3436458 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

[00:37:26 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:08.6527093 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

[00:37:26 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:08.9604358 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

[00:37:26 INF] Serial. Cant connect: /dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745. Elapsed: 00:00:09.2704054

[02:37:36 INF] Can't open serial port /dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745 try again later

[02:37:36 ERR] Elapsed: 00:00:00.0001791 Failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port '/dev/tty.usbserial-EN372745' is denied.

at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 

1 person likes this

Logs attached. 

txt
txt

1 person likes this

New beta 23.1.24.10 has some improvements for MIDI notes & updated AU & VST plugins. It can help with the issue. Please, provide recorded footage with video & logs with the issue if this beta doesn’t work for you.

I keep seeing that there is an AU available yet every time I download for MAC specifically all I get is the VST. Where and what is the link to get this AU? Cause that’s probably half the problem right there.

All the plugins are in the installer. Put them into correspondent folders (see the attached picture) and you're good to go. 

Updated, installed component and VST as directed. EMU Still crashes when hitting play and MIDI track begins. Now what?

Robbie, could you please make a video with the reproducing steps, so that it would be visible what exactly you do and how it crashes?

Folks, while video with the issue is not ready, try to change 'Midi provider' option in the Settings to 'RtMIDI'. And restart EMU please. This might help. By default it is DryWetMIDI.

Same behavior with the RtMIDI.
I can’t post the video here exceeds attachment size

It is sad that the RtMIDI hasn't worked out...

Christopher, Robbie, if the attachment is too big - please use video hosts or other file exchange servers to share the video with the reproduction steps.

Login or Signup to post a comment